This is an exciting and innovative new course, equivalent to two A-levels.
Why Performing Arts?
- Performing Arts is a fantastic course if you are considering a career in the performing arts industry or wish to study a subject with a really practical approach.
- Performing Arts in an exciting and enjoyable course with a lot of practical work, in-depth study of scripts and theatre practitioners and the opportunity to take part in many performances throughout the course.
- The course caters for all abilities and all disciplines within the performing arts industry and will prepare you well for further study at a specialist performing arts college, dance school, drama school, music conservatoire or university.
Any special requirements?
Some previous study in either drama, dance, performing arts or music is desirable but not essential. You should be a competent performer in your chosen medium and you should have some experience of what is required for this kind of course.
What will I study and how will it be assessed?
- Interpreting Classical Text for Performance
- Acting Styles
- Movement in Performance
- Variety Performance
- Classical Ballet Technique
- Tap Dance technique
- Jazz Dance Technique
- Street Dance Technique
- Contemporary Dance Technique
- Healthy Dancer
- Choreography for live performance
- Theatre Directing
- Writing for Performances
- Developing the Voice for Performance
- Singing Techniques for Performers
- Musical Theatre techniques
- Physical Theatre Techniques
- Stand-up Comedy Technique (Internally Assessed with Portfolio of Evidence)
If you would like further information about this subject please contact the Head of Music, Miss H Davies at: