St. Christopher's is a Church of England High School where pupils and staff work together in the knowledge and love of God.
We try to act out our faith in our daily lives with Christ as our example. We seek to promote the spiritual, moral, social, cultural, intellectual and physical development of all our pupils within a caring and supportive community, preparing them as Christians for the opportunities, responsibilities and experience of their adult life.
We aim to achieve our mission by providing a learning environment which;
- Is ordered and disciplined.
- Develops the pupils' knowledge of and commitment to the Christian faith and fosters a sympathetic approach to other religions and cultures.
- Recognises that each member of the school community is an individual with specific needs and strengths.
- Fosters mutual respect and concern for others.
- Values the contribution made by each member of the school community.
- Encourages and celebrates positive achievement.
- Offers pupils equal access to all areas of the curriculum.
- Gives pupils the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to gain the best possible qualifications.
- Encourages the development of personal and inter-personal skills.
- Promotes self-confidence, self-discipline, a sense of responsibility and a generosity of spirit.